Southeast Spring Gathering Past Themes
Among the highlights of each day at the gatherings are the late afternoon social hour parties and evening events.
Just for fun, the social hour parties and evening events have a different theme each day. While nudity is still the overall rule, gathering attendees are encouraged (but not required) to wear accessories that correspond to the theme for the social hour and evening.
Social hour “costumes” can range from a simple cap or hat to the outlandish. Here are the themes selected for past gatherings:
Southeast Spring Gathering 2009 Themes:
- Saturday, May 9, 2009 Naturally Naked
- Sunday, May 10, 2009 Wardrobe Malfunction
- Monday, May 11, 2009 Cantina Latina
- Tuesday, May 12, 2009 Classic TV
- Wednesday, May 13, 2009 Pink Party
- Thursday, May 14, 2009 All that Glitters
- Friday, May 15, 2009 Genital Hospital
Southeast Spring Gathering 2010:
- Sunday, June 6–“Naturally Naked”
- Monday, June 7–“Red Party”
- Tuesday, June 8–“Trailer Trash”
- Wednesday, June 9–“All That Glitters”
- Thursday, June 10–“Black and Blue Ball”
- Friday, June 11–“Mad Hatter”
- Saturday, June 12–“Healthcare Gone Horribly Wrong”
Southeast Spring Gathering 2011:
- Sunday June 5 – Naturally Naked
- Monday, June 6 – Pink Party
- Tuesday, June 7 – Mardi Gras
- Wednesday, June 8 – Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend
- Thursday, June 9 – Master / Slave
- Friday, June 10 – Ride a Cowboy
- Saturday, June 11 – Black and White Party
Southeast Spring Gathering 2012:
- Sunday, June 3 – Get Naked
- Monday, June 4 – Orange Party
- Tuesday, June 5 – New Year’s Eve
- Wed, June 6 – All that glitters
- Thurs, June 7 – Festive Leather
- Friday, June 8 – Green Party
- Saturday, June 9 – All Sports (Jocks and Cheerleaders)
Southeast Spring Gathering 2013 (as revised):
- Sunday, June 2 – Wigs, hats and feathers
- Monday, June 3 – Purple Party
- Tuesday, June 4 – Mardi Gras
- Wed, June 5 – Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend
- Thurs, June 6 – Leather Fantasy
- Friday, June 7 – In the Pink
- Saturday, June 8 – Hawaiian Luau
Southeast Spring Gathering 2013 (as originally listed):
- Sunday, June 2 – Naturally Naked
- Monday, June 3 – Pink Party
- Tuesday, June 4 – Mardi Gras
- Wed, June 5 – Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend
- Thurs, June 6 – Master / Slave (Leather)
- Friday, June 7 – Ride a Cowboy
- Saturday, June 8 – Black and White Party
Southeast Spring Gathering 2014 themes (needed):
- Sunday, June 1 –
- Monday, June 2 –
- Tuesday, June 3 –
- Wed, June 4 –
- Thurs, June 5 –
- Friday, June 6 –
- Saturday, June 7 –
Southeast Spring Gathering 2015 themes:
- Sunday, May 31 – Naturally Naked or wear a hat from you favorite city or country
- Monday, June 1 – “Blue” Monday
- Tuesday, June 2 – Wigs and Feathers
- Wednesday, June 3 – Glitter and Satin
- Thusday, June 4 – Leather, leather, leather !
- Friday, June 5 – “Red” Hot
- Saturday, June 6 – Mardi Gras
Southeast Spring Gathering 2016 themes:
- Sunday, June 5 – Naturally Naked: the gathering begins and it’s time to celebrate in the suit we were all born in, naturally!
- Monday, June 6 – Pink Party: Tonight everyone is seeing pink! View the world through rose colored glasses. Wear your favorite pink cap or hat, pink sandals or other pink accessories this evening.
- Tuesday, June 7 – Christmas in July (June): Santa knows who has been naughty and nice! Wear your favorite holiday accessories. Please bring a gag gift for the exchange which is planned for the social hour.
- Wednesday, June 8 – Queens for a Day: Oh Darling! Dress to sparkle tonight. Perhaps you will find paradise in a luxurious ensemble, in something totally silly, or in the man wearing one….
- Thursday, June 9 – Leather, Fetishes and Fantasies: The masculine aroma of men in black leather will fill the air; look your best in polished motorcycle boots, black leather cap, harness, and other accessories.
- Friday, June 10 – Rainbows Forever: Which is your favorite color in the rainbow? Wear your favorite color cap and accessories this evening. Together, we each add a color to the rainbow.
- Saturday, June 11 – Trailer Trash: It’s Saturday evening in your favorite trailer park, and time to party. You want to make the perfect fashion statement. What accessories will you wear?
Southeast Spring Gathering 2017 themes:
- Saturday, June 3 – Purple Party: Go Royal or go Professor Plum, wear anything violet, drink cabernet sauvignon! Time to break out that amethyst jewelry, or get creative with a few eggplants. Get passionate with anything between crimson and blue–and let it RAIN PURPLE!
- Sunday, June 4 – Pirates of the Seas: Ahoy Matey! Time to don a Jack Sparrow outfit and walk that plank… Show off your Pirate’s booty or plop a parrot aside your eye patch. Think skull and crossbones in a Caribbean setting… Shout “Ho Ho Ho and a bottle of Rum!” atop the crow’s nest! Time to plunder and pillage, then surrender! Arg!
- Monday, June 5 – Genital Hospital: Ever wanted to play doctor or nurse? Now is the time! Take the Hippocratic Oath and dress in scrubs today with a stethoscope dangling from your nether regions! Have patients with your outfit… a lab coat, a red cross… anything you’d see at your favorite clinic.
- Tuesday, June 6 – Mardi Gras:It’s party time at the Mardi Gras on Bourbon Street in New Orleans. Wear your beads, feather masks, and other festive accessories.
- Wednesday, June 7 – Night of a Thousand Queens: Oh Darling! Dress to sparkle tonight. Perhaps you will find paradise in a luxurious ensemble, in something totally silly, or in the man wearing one….
- Thursday, June 8 – Black and Blue Leather Ball: The masculine aroma of men in black leather will fill the air; look your best in polished motorcycle boots, black leather cap, harness, and other accessories.
- Friday, June 9 – Hawaiian Lua & Leis: Tonight the romance, music, and foods from the Pacific island state will transport our fantasies to a tropical paradise. A beckoning drum and a faint Pacific Ocean breeze add to the romance. Come natively naked or wear a lei for the evening.
- Saturday, June 10 – Red Hot: Everything is red hot! Wear your favorite red cap or hat, red sandals or other red accessories this evening.
Southeast Spring Gathering 2019 evening themes:
- Saturday, June 1 – Madd Hatter: Welcome to the Southeast Spring Gathering, wear your favorite hat to tell us something about you this evening.
- Sunday, June 2 – Orange party: Wear your favorite orange cap or hat, orange sandals or other accessories this evening.
- Monday, June 3 – Christmas in June: Santa needs a vacation and he decided to visit us in Tennessee. Bring your Christmas spirit to welcome him.
- Tuesday, June 4 – Hawaiian Paradise: Tonight the romance, music, and foods from the Hawaii will transport our fantasies to a tropical paradise. A beckoning drum and a faint mountain breeze add to the romance. Come natively naked or wear a lei for the evening. Hula anyone?
- Wednesday, June 5 – Night of 100 Queens: Oh Darling! Dress to sparkle tonight. Perhaps you will find paradise in a luxurious ensemble, in something totally silly, or in the man wearing one….
- Thursday, June 6 – Leather: A Night at Folsom Street: The masculine aroma of men in black leather will fill the air; look your best in polished motorcycle boots, black leather cap, harness, and other accessories.
- Friday, June 7 – Green: Everything is green! Wear your favorite green cap or hat, green sandals or other green accessories this evening.
- Saturday, June 8 – Over the rainbow: It takes a community of men with different experiences, interests and dreams to make a gathering successful. Join us celebrating our community by wearing accessories in your favorite color to help make a rainbow together.
The CMEN Southeast Spring Gathering 2022 themes were:
- Fri – June 03 – Madd Hatter: The Mad Hatter has arrived butt can’t decide which hat to wear. What would you suggest? What hat would your friends say is you? Wear your favorite hat, cap, crown, bonnet, beanie, fedora, Panama, trilby, deer-stalker, bowler, straw hat, pith helmet, Cat in the Hat, Santa’s cap, top-hat, pillbox, ten-gallon Cowboy hat, or even tiara! The options are endless. Be like Prince in his raspberry beret, or your favorite cowboy in a ten-gallon hat (Bareback Mountain-style), Village people-style with a construction hat or a leather chapeau, Keep it simple and wear your favorite sports team’s baseball cap! Let’s show those Brits how it’s done during a Royal wedding! Go all-out Jock with a football helmet, a sports visor, or a swimmer’s cap!
- Sat- June 04 – Diamonds Are Forever: Dress to sparkle and shimmer this afternoon. Perhaps you’ll find paradise in a glorious ensemble, in a totally silly frock, or in the man wearing one… Who will win our hearts? Everyone’s a Queen this afternoon whether you’re wearing a tiara, a crown or just wish you had the nerve!
- Sun – June 05 – RED Hot: Everything is red hot today! Wear your favorite red cap, red sandals, a plaid red kilt, a Santa hat or how about some red-hot Matador tights?! Dress up as Elmo the muppet, Jessica Rabbit or wear the Cat in the Hat’s red hat! Instead of dressing up to walk the Red Carpet, WEAR the red carpet! You don’t belong to the Red Hat Society? No problem… put on something Fire Engine red and pretend you’re mounting a real Fireman! And if you aren’t feeling ballsy, keep it simple and wear only a sock on your cock like a Red Hot Chili Pepper!
- Mon – June 06 – Men in Uniform: Ah, there’s nothing like the smell of a man in uniform! (…except maybe a man OUT of his uniform!) Who are your favorite uniformed men? Are they the royal red troopers that you dream of mounting or the aces in the sky that you want to ride off with into the sunset? Or maybe it’s the officers who preserve the peace, the doctors who heal, or the postmen who deliver? Major military madness might be upon us this afternoon. Will you be Dishonorably Discharged for Disorderly Conduct or for going AWOL? Play Cops and Robbers, or Cowboys and Indians. Come in a Wrestling uniform or as the High-school nurse! Wear your favorite uniform accessories and serve!
- Tue – June 07 – Mardi Gras: It’s Carnival time, boys! Don your beads, masks and skimpy outfits and let’s show New Orleans (and Rio?) how to put on a party! It’s Fat Tuesday and Ass Wednesday is just around the corner! The Mardi Gras celebration culminates in a parade of debauchery. Anyone for King Cake? Wear some green, purple, and gold… like a Harlequin Jester with peacock feather!
- Wed – June 08 – Ride A Cowboy: Yippie Aye Gay! Let the cowboy in you shine like a rhinestone-studded Singing Cowboy or be as subtle as a bandana. Alternatively, grab a gingham picnic tablecloth and create an impromptu CowGIRL outfit that would make Dolly herself blush!
- Thu – June 09 – Men in Leather Gear: Yes Sir! The masculine aroma of men in black leather fills the air. Will tonight be the night of your fantasies? Look your best in polished motorcycle boots, a black leather cap, armbands, a harness, and/or other leather accessories.
- Fri – June 10 – In the PINK: Why wait for your Pink Slip… the Fuchsia is Now! Will Miss Piggy show up in her shocking pink poodle skirt eating cotton candy? Or will it be the Pink Panther chewing pink bubble gum? Pink Flamingos wearing rose-colored glasses? Or a Pink Elephant in a Pink Cadillac sipping pink champagne on ice? This afternoon, everything is Code Pink.
- Sat – June 11 – Rainbows Forever! Wrap yourself in a Rainbow Flag… or don anything rainbowy! Today ANY color of the rainbow will do. Are you feeling RED hot today? Perhaps you’re GREEN with envy? Mellow YELLOW after a hot shower? Feeling royal as PURPLE? Show us your BLUE moon… ORANGE you glad you brought something colorful to the gathering? After all, every rainbowed outfit has a SILVER lining!
Get Invited – Subscribe to the CMEN gathering mailing lists to be notified about upcoming events and other information. (Our lists will only be used to announce the requested upcoming CMEN events, they will not be sold or given to any other organizations.)